2019 NCCI Annual Conference - Moving Mountains: Cultivating Change in Higher Education
July 10-12, 2019 Denver, CO
July 10-12, 2019 Denver, CO
NCCI invites proposals for the 2019 Conference that reflect new and future ways of addressing the complex issues and challenges confronted by higher education. Strategy and improvement efforts related to academic, operational, financial, technical, and campus community engagement are of great interest for the 2019 Conference. We especially seek proposals that will enrich participants with practical, imaginative, and innovative applications for assessment, design, planning, implementation and highly effective leadership practice.
Conference tracks will be organized around the following themes and presentation submissions must identify a first and second choice for tracks:
- Process Improvement: Learn about tools, techniques and best practices for process improvement in a University environment.
- Strategy: Strategic initiatives on various topics that help move initiatives forward.
- Navigating Change: Provides case examples of successfully navigating the changing workforce, demonstrating the value of higher education and of continuous improvement in higher education, and adapting and evolving higher education.
- Leadership Development & Engagement: May include leadership development, teamwork, and campus engagement initiatives.
- Presentation with Discussion and Q&A
- Interactive Learning Session: Facilitated Exercise or Experiential Learning of a New Tool, Skill, Model
- Panel Discussion with Q&A
- Other (will require explanation during submission)
New approaches, opportunities to learn new skills, and a spotlight on new resources are of high value for the 2019 Conference. We welcome 60 and 90-minute session proposals and Pre-Conference workshop proposals (3.5-hour and 7-hour formats). Based on attendee feedback from previous conferences, 90-minute sessions are highly encouraged to be interactive learning sessions engaging participants with a facilitated exercise or experiential learning.
To make your proposal submission easy, our online form will prompt you through a summary of your presentation’s subject and content, its most critical learning objectives and target audiences, and a description of the methods you will use for delivery and audience engagement.
Acceptance decisions are emailed in mid-January 2019.
Speakers receive the NCCI member early bird conference registration rate.
Responsibilities of presenting include the following:
- All speakers listed in the proposal are confirmed to be available for the presentation on any conference dates, respectively July 10 (Pre-Conference proposal) or July 11 & 12 (60 or 90-minute session proposal)
- Selected speakers are responsible for all expenses incurred in conjunction with the NCCI 2019 Annual Conference including registration, housing, and travel
- All speakers will complete conference registration shortly after registration opens
- Speakers will provide their presentation for posting to the NCCI website and will create an account in the Guidebook app to be linked to their presentation by June 24, 2019
- Speakers will complete a Session Speaker Agreement form and return it to NCCI headquarters with the requested information by the date indicated, so that we can do our best to meet any unique equipment, scheduling, or special setup needs
- Speakers must provide laptop computer(s) needed for their conference presentation.
Submit Your Proposal before 5:00 p.m. (EST) Friday, December 14, 2018 using the online form.
Please note: The website will close at this deadline. Only completed submissions will be considered.
Proposal and other related questions are welcomed by the 2019 Conference Chairs:
Kelly Block 217-333-8011 and Bridget Wikidal 562 951-4243.
This login is not the same as your NCCI Member ID. Please begin by creating a submission account below.
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Already a User?
* indicates a required field
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission for 2019.Join Now
- Organizer: Allison Lara -
- firstname.lastname@example.org /
- 833.4MYNCCI (833.469.6224)