Abstract Submission Portal
IECA 2021 Annual Conference and Expo
Call for Abstracts Now Closed
The IECA 2021 call for abstracts is now closed. If you missed the deadline and wish to be considered for the IECA 2021 Annual Conference education program, please contact Joanna Fetherolf (Joanna@ieca.org).
Peer Review Process
If you have completed a submission, the peer review process is now underway. You will receive notification on the status of your abstract the week of July 27th.
- Week of July 27- Instructors notified of abstract acceptance
- November 20 - Deadline for technical paper submission
- February 1 - Presentations due
- February 21 - 24, 2021 - Presentation at the IECA 2021 Annual Conference in Kansas City, MO
The intent of IECA’s educational programs is to provide peer-reviewed content free from advertising or commercial bias. Instructors will refrain from advertising or promoting their employer or other vendor’s product, company information or any other organization represented during their presentations unless you are presenting a Product Case Study. If any type of presentation abstract is approved for a presentation at the IECA Annual Conference, instructors may not use the session time to distribute material that is self promoting or represents business interests. Company logos or names may be used on one slide, at the beginning of the session. Mention of a company affiliation during the session introduction will be acceptable, but mention of a company affiliation or specific product brand repeatedly throughout will be considered unacceptable promotion.
All abstracts will be judged with the following criteria. The selection process for IECA’s Annual Conference is competitive so please take time to see you meet all the criteria below:
- Purpose - Clear purpose for abstract and presentation, providing attendees with ideas that can be used for their job.
- Relevant Content - Content is technologically accurate and relevant to the industry
- Clear and Concise - Abstract is understandable and clearly written.
- Idea Exchange - Abstract demonstrates practical process to encourage idea exchange.
Length of Presentation
All presentations are one hour in length unless you submit for a 30 minute presentation or a half day course.
If you have any questions, please reach contact Education & Events Director, Joanna Fetherolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.