IECA 2023 Annual Conference Abstract Submission Portal
IECA 2024 Annual Conference and Expo
As a member of the stormwater, erosion and sediment control community, a variety of speaking opportunities are available at the 2024 IECA Annual Conference, February 26 - 28, 2024 in Spokane, Washington, USA.
- Case Study (1 hour or 30 minute options): Case studies offer a vehicle for attendees to exchange practical information on experiences, products, and programs with those who have similar challenges.
- Workshop (1 hour or 30 minute options): Training workshops offer real world applications and “how to” techniques that include industry planning, design, construction and maintenance.
- Technical Paper: Technical papers are based on scientific methods and merit, which must be described within the paper and presentation.
- Industry Roundtable: These sessions provide an opportunity for attendees to collaborate, interact, and discuss industry problems.
- Panel Discussion: Forums offer specific information on selected subjects for the enlightenment of participants. The focus of a good forum allows for practical discussion amongst the presenters and audience.
- Product Case Study (1 hour or 30 minute options): IECA invites its exhibitors and sponsors to participate at conference, by offering a presentation that provides further ‘how to’ about their specific product and services.
2023 IECA Annual Conference Topic Recommendations
The following areas and suggested topics correlate to IECA’S learning objectives:
Erosion and Sediment Control
Managing Soil for Vegetative Establishment | Wildfire Remediation | Soil Stabilization | Arid and Semi-Arid Climates – Building Soils & Vegetation Establishment | Steep Slope Stabilization | Climate Change Impact on BMPs | Solar and Wind Farms – Impacts & Lessons Learned | Innovative BMPs/Research and Development | Silt Fence Materials, Design & Installation Innovations | Soil Regeneration | Effective BMP Inspection Methods | Cold Weather Stabilization | Mine Reclamation | Road Rehabilitation | Erosion and Sediment Control in Oil/Gas Industry | Legacy of Materials Used for Erosion and Sediment Control | Cold Weather Stabilization and Vegetation Establishment
Porous Pavements (Revival and Maintenance) | Green Roofs and Blue Roofs | Underground Systems |Hydrology | Water Quality Enforcement |Non-Point Source Pollution Planning and Implementation | Post-Construction Stormwater Management | SWPPP Design and Implementation | Achieving TMDL Goals, Post-Construction Stormwater Management| Watershed Rehabilitation | Green Infrastructure | Stormwater Runoff Reduction | Low Impact Development (LID) Technologies | Stormwater BMP Remediation/Retrofit Applications | The Future of Stormwater Conveyance | Watershed Rehabilitation, Green Infrastructure & Cold Climate Performance of LID Practices | Stormwater Pollutant Removal | Agriculture Watershed Management
Wetland, Stream Bank & Shoreline Restoration
Working in Waterways | Hydromodification Modeling, Control, and Mitigation | Shoreline Stabilization | Streambank Stabilization | Constructed Wetlands for Stormwater Treatment | Revegetation Options and Management | Riverine/Estuarine/Lacustrine Restoration | Temporary Access Road Options for Wetlands, Wind, Power and Gas Projects
MS4 Program Adaptive Management/Goals | Industrial Stormwater Management | Training & Enforcement | Enforcement of GI Practices Long Term | Stormwater Monitoring: Illicit Discharge, Detection and Elimination | Collaboration in Water Resource Management
Climate Change | Coastal Flooding & Sea Level Rise Mitigation | Response to Extreme Weather | Government Standards and Compliance | Flood Control | Hurricane Recovery and Adaptation
IECA Commercialization Policy
The intent of IECA’s educational programs is to provide peer-reviewed content free from advertising or commercial bias. Instructors will refrain from advertising or promoting their employer or other vendor’s product, company information or any other organization represented during their presentations unless you are presenting a Product Case Study. Please review the IECA Commercialization Policy: here.
All abstracts will be judged with the following criteria. The selection process for IECA’s Annual Conference is competitive so please take time to see you meet all the criteria below:
- Purpose - Clear purpose for abstract and presentation, providing attendees with ideas that can be used for their job.
- Relevant Content - Content is technologically accurate and relevant to the industry
- Clear and Concise - Abstract is understandable and clearly written.
- Idea Exchange - Abstract demonstrates practical process to encourage idea exchange.
Length of Presentation
All presentations are four hours, one hour or 30 minutes in length depending on your submission type.
Submissions due by Friday, June 2, 2023
If you have any questions, contact IECA Managing Director, Conferences & Education - Joanna Fetherolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Already Have an IECA Account?
Click 'Login' to begin your submission.Login to Submit Abstract
New to IECA?
'Create Account Now' to begin your first submission.Create Account