* indicates a required field
2021 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting
Call for Oral Abstracts, Posters, Breakouts, Small Group Discussions and Films
Submission Deadline: August 7, 2020, 5:00 PM EDT
The Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) and the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) invite you to submit a proposal for a breakout session, small group discussion, oral abstract, poster and/or film at the 2021 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting.
Our 2021 theme is Bigger! Bolder! Brighter! Educational sub-topics to use in your submission are:
- Big Hearts: Strategies for Well-Being
- Bold Teams: IPE, Team-Based Learning
- Big Boots: Leadership
- Bright Minds: Diversity and Inclusion
- Bold Ideas: Innovations in Curriculum Design
- Breakout Sessions: hour-long, interactive sessions with audiovisuals designed to facilitate an exchange of information, ideas and educational strategies among a large group of participants
- Small Group Discussions: hour-long, interactive sessions designed to have the same overarching goals in a more intimate group of up to 25 people (no audiovisuals)
- Oral Abstracts and Posters: presentations of research and educational innovations
- Film Festival Submissions: short films pertinent to women's health education (no longer than 10 minutes and must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo)
- Medical Student Education
- Resident Education
- Faculty Education
- Continuing Medical Education
- Patient Care
- Medical Knowledge
- Practice Based Learning and Improvement
- Communication Skills
- Systems Based Practice and Improvement
- Student or Resident Award for Excellence in Educational Research
One $500.00 award for best oral abstract or poster
- Oral Abstract Presentation Awards
Three awards given, 1st place $500.00, 2nd place, $300.00, 3rd place $200.00
- Poster Presentation Awards
Three awards given, 1st place $300.00, 2nd place $150.00, 3rd place $100.00
- EMPOWER CREOG Grants
Five $2,000.00 awards given to Program Directors, Residents and Program Managers to initiate programs and research in specific areas of residency training.
- APGO Academic Scholars and Leaders Alumni Oral and Poster Awards
Two awards given, one for best oral abstract presentation, $500.00, and one for best poster presentation, $300.00, from submissions by graduates of the APGO Academic Scholars and Leaders program between 2016-2020.
Submitted abstracts may not be presented at any other meeting or published in any journal before the meeting.
APGO Abstract Catalog
The APGO Abstract Catalog is an interactive database of oral and poster abstracts are presented at CREOG & APGO Annual Meetings that can be used as a resource to determine what has been presented at past meetings. Link to the catalog: http://www.apgo.org/education/abstract-catalog.html.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed anonymously by members of CREOG and APGO.
We recognize that the evolving COVID-19 situation will continue to reshape the way meetings are held, and this may result in changes to the CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting. CREOG & APGO are monitoring this closely and will be in touch if format changes are required for your submission. Select "Join Now" below to begin. This is a different log-in than your ACOG or APGO access.