2019 Council on Clinical Information Technology (COCIT) Abstracts Program
- The Council on Clinical Information Technology (COCIT) accepts abstracts on pediatric informatics projects or research focusing on the development, implementation, or use of health information technology tools or platforms, or the application of clinical informatics, in the following child health domains: clinical practice, health services delivery, and/or public health (including the use of IT by patients). Preference is given, but is not restricted, to submissions which directly demonstrate the impact (i.e., data) of the application of health IT or clinical informatics on child health.
- Submissions that are deemed by the section chair or reviewers as attempts to market commercial or proprietary products or are not scientifically-based will be immediately rejected.
- Abstracts will be accepted as either podium (oral) presentations or poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee and author preference.
- This council will consider original research, QI projects*, and/or case reports with a focus on IT interventions
- Original research submissions: All research conducted by abstract authors should have been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the institution(s) where the research was conducted. The abstract selection committee may ask for documentation of approval or exemption by the respective IRBs if warranted.
- Previously submitted abstracts may be accepted, provided they were not presented during a prior year's AAP National Conference & Exhibition. Submission will not preclude future submission for journal publication, nor does prior publication disqualify submission to this section. Priority may be given to papers not previously published or presented.
- Please contact Lisa Krams (email@example.com) with any questions. Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Eric Kirkendall (firstname.lastname@example.org), Eric Shelov (email@example.com), and Lisa Krams (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- *QI abstracts accepted for presentation may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio. Additional information, including requirements for MOC eligibility and instructions, can be found at www.aap.org/mocabstracts
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
Log in to submit an Abstract
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now