Petfood Forum China 2019 Call for Papers
Abstracts due by 6 May, 2019
The Petfood Forum China 2019 content advisory board is seeking abstracts for noncommercial oral presentations, due 6 May, 2019.
Petfood Forum China 2019 is scheduled for 20 August at the Kerry Hotel in Shanghai, China. Please do not submit an abstract if you are not sure you will be able to attend Petfood Forum China on that date.
What to submit
Potential speakers are invited to submit noncommercial abstracts on topics including:
- New research on companion animal nutrition;
- Novel ingredients and their potential applications in pet food or treat formulations;
- Data, trends and predictions for the pet food market, focusing on China and Asia;
- Pet retailing information pertinent to the selling or distribution of pet food, including via e-commerce, in China;
- New information or ideas for marketing pet food, including via social media;
- New information, techniques or processes for product development in pet food;
- Update on regulatory information relevant to pet food in China;
- New research, technology or processes for pet food production;
- New research, technology or other information on pet food packaging;
- New, specific information on one focused aspect of pet food safety.
An advisory board of pet food industry experts will evaluate all submissions for:
- Relevance of topic;
- Presence of new or innovative information, concepts or research. Originality is key, so please be sure your abstract gives a clear idea of how your topic is unique and/or based on new research findings or work not found elsewhere;
- Proposed speaker’s experience or background with the topic;
- Lack of commercialization or promotion – it is crucial that the paper/presentation does not come across as a sales pitch, seeking to promote your organization or product(s);
- Evidence of previous speaking experience.
Each submission is evaluated on its own merits against these criteria but also in relation to other papers received – for example, it is highly unlikely two papers on the same or a very similar subject would be selected for presentations, especially for this one-day conference. We seek to present a balance of timely topics as well as ensure particular areas of high industry importance and popularity are sufficiently covered.
No abstract will be considered if it seems commercial or if it has been published or presented prior to Petfood Forum China 2019. Abstracts similar in title or content to previously presented material should include significant new information.
How to submit
You will need to join as a new user or log in, using the links toward the bottom of the page. Once logged in, you will see a page with further information, as well as a link to start a new submission.
Follow the instructions to create a new account and complete the three submission forms, using the guidelines below. When finished with each page, be sure to click “Save” at the bottom. Also be sure to click "Submit" at the top of the final page after all three forms are completed.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- The abstract should sufficiently explain the topic, especially how it is unique or based on new information. This is key: we don’t need a full research paper but likely more than just a few sentences to properly understand the essence, benefits and newness/uniqueness of the topic. If in doubt, providing more information is always better than less.
- The potential speaker’s expertise in or knowledge of the topic should also be clear; it is helpful to include that in the abstract.
The submission form also includes a required field for a 50-100 word biography of the potential presenter. Public speaking experience must be included; the submission form includes required questions to complete. It is also helpful to include information on the speaker’s knowledge of or experience with the topic within the abstract.
Abstracts must be received no later than 6 May. After this deadline, the abstract submission system will no longer accept submissions. Any requests for late submissions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
After review of submissions
All submissions will be reviewed within four to six weeks after the 6 May deadline; you will receive an email from the abstract system about whether your submission has been accepted or declined, using an email address named Petfood Forum.
If your abstract is chosen for an oral presentation, you will receive a PowerPoint template to use to create your presentation, including a set range of number of slides and amount of information or bullet points to include on each slide. Please use and follow this template.
Authors will be required to sign a copyright release to permit publication of the abstract and the use or re-use of other materials. You will also be required to provide a photo (head shot) and, by a specified date, a longer, more developed abstract if your initial submission is not sufficient for publication.
Failure to provide required files and information by the specified deadlines could result in your being replaced as a speaker for Petfood Forum China 2019.
Log in to the Petfood Forum China Submission Site
Already a User?
* indicates a required field
Questions? Organizer: Debbie Phillips-Donaldson -
- / (815) 966-5424