2019 Section on LGBT Health and Wellness (SOLGBTHW) Abstracts Program
- Abstracts submitted should focus on any aspect of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) health and wellness.
As examples, topics might include:
- Gender expression and gender identity
- Children of same-sex parents
- LGBT youth in foster care
- Health disparities and resilience of LGBT youth
- School safety and inclusion
- Making practices more welcoming to LGBT patients
- Pediatric providers providing PrEP
- Screening for safer sex practices in all patients (really this should be for all patients, not just LGBT patients)
- Screening rates in LGBT youth
- Professional needs of LGBT pediatricians and trainees
- Original research, quality improvement and program abstracts will be accepted. Case reports will not be accepted.
- Abstracts will be accepted for poster presentations only. Authors will also have several minutes to provide an informal oral presentation.
- Authors of abstracts should notify Carly Guss at Carly.Guss@childrens.harvard.edu as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation at their poster.
- Submission will not preclude future submission for journal publication, nor does publication disqualify submission to this section. Priority may be given to papers not previously published or presented.
- Note that authors who attend the NCE must register and pay for the meeting (as well as any additional travel and housing expenses). The Section does not have funds to cover these costs for authors of abstracts.
This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio. Additional details are available here.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.