* indicates a required field
2024 Western Group on Educational Affairs Spring Conference
Hosted by: University of California Riverside School of Medicine
May 4-7, 2024
The WGEA invites abstracts for oral abstracts, posters, workshops, panel and small group discussions for the 2024 annual conference. Proposals may represent completed original research or innovations in medical education. Abstracts can focus on any level of medical education (UME preclerkship or clerkship, GME, CPD, or across the continuum) All abstracts should be submitted no later than November 15, 2023 11:59pm HT.
The 2024 WGEA conference theme is: Developing Resilience While Adapting to Change
• Innovation and Creativity
• Navigating Political and Organizational Changes
• Creating Resilience in Students, Faculty and Staff
• Teaching and Learning in Times of Change
• Constructing the Future of Medical Education
1. All submissions must be submitted online no later than November 15, 2023 at 11:59pm HT.
2. All proposals must be submitted online.
3. Each individual is limited to three (3) total submissions of any combination as co-author on a small group discussion, co-author on a workshop, co-author on a panel, or first author (presenter) on an oral abstract. There is no limit for the number of poster submissions as first or co-author.
4. Each submission will be reviewed by at least three peers.
5. Notification of the outcome of the review will be sent to the contact author in January 2024.
6. Presentation is contingent upon the presenting member (usually the first author) registering for the Western Spring Conference. Presenter(s) of accepted proposals must be registered for the conference one month prior to the conference. Presenters who do not meet this requirement are subject to cancellation of their presentation.
7. Students, residents and fellows are strongly encouraged to submit their work.
We recommend that you prepare your proposal in a word processing application and then paste each component into the corresponding online section. An abstract submission is considered a commitment to attend the meeting and present if accepted, and an acknowledgment of the costs associated with travel and the meeting registration. Abstract decisions will be sent to the contact author in late January 2024. All abstracts will undergo a peer-review process by at least three reviewers. Students, residents, fellows and new investigators are strongly encouraged to submit their work.
For more information, please contact:
WGEA Planning Committee Chair: Pablo Joo, MD
WGEA Planning Committee Administrative Staff: Laura Cantrell
Click here to view a complete list of the submission guidelines.
Please keep in mind you must create a new login and password each year, your previous year(s) login will not recognize you.