2019 Section on Integrative Medicine (SOIM) Abstracts Program
- The Section on Integrative Medicine (SOIM) is dedicated to developing and identifying educational opportunities and to advocate for research on integrative therapies used in infants, children and adolescents. The SOIM accepts abstracts that focus on evidence-based integrative approaches to treat common or serious conditions in pediatrics. Abstract submissions covering such diverse topics as patient and/or physician wellness, mind-body medicine (yoga, meditation, hypnotherapy, biofeedback, prayer, cognitive-behavior therapies etc), nutrition, dietary supplements, acupuncture, massage, and other integrative approaches are highly encouraged.
- Original research, quality improvement projects and case reports will be considered for presentation.
- Two awards (best abstract and best trainee) will be awarded.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee.
- Poster presentations should remain up for the entire day.
- Research should have appropriate institutional review board and/or institutional care and use committee review/approval when available. The abstract selection committee may ask for documentation of approval or exemption by the respective boards if warranted.
- Abstracts may be submitted to another scientific society for presentation, but should not have been published prior to presentation at the AAP. Papers presented at previous AAP meetings should not be re-submitted.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Teri Salus as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio. Additional details are available here.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.