Welcome to the AMSUS 2022/2023 Annual Awards Program Submission Site!
AMSUS - The Society of Federal Health Professionals honors the contributions of outstanding federal healthcare professionals each year through the Awards Program.
The awards are presented during the Association’s Annual Meeting which will be held in-person 13 - 16 February 2023. Each recipient will be presented their award personally by the leadership of their agency and the AMSUS Executive Director.
We strongly encourage nominations of deserving individuals for these awards. AMSUS members volunteer their time to review and independently score each completed submission. Scores are tabulated and the awardee is determined by the highest score.
The nomination process takes place electronically through this online portal. Nominations will be accepted 6 July - 14 October. The timeline does not allow for any extensions. Please plan accordingly. Nominations are accepted only when submitted through this portal.
In addition to the required information, nominations require a biography/resume/CV (no more than 3 pages in length) and letter of recommendation from the individual’s organization/agency be uploaded. Individuals selected to receive awards will be notified in December 2022.
For more detailed guidance on how to submit a nomination, please review the FAQ document posted on the website.
Executive Director’s General Guidance for Award Nominations:
- NOMINATIONS SHOULD BE BRIEF. Descriptions of activities or accomplishments which do not bear on the award should not be included because they can distract reviewers from the central accomplishments.
- ACCOMPLISHMENTS SHOULD BE TIMELY. Unless otherwise stated, AMSUS awards are designed to recognize accomplishments within the past 12-18 months or so, rather than lifetime or career.
- NOMINATION SHOULD BE EASY TO READ, best accomplished by using SIMPLE DECLARATIVE SENTENCES.
- BULLETIZING MAJOR POINTS helps break up the clutter and increases legibility.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS, IMPACT/RESULTS ON ORGANIZATION/ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OR VALUE ADDED TO PATIENTS, OR OTHER CONSUMERS should be highlighted.
- DON’T MAKE IT A DAUNTING TASK – focus on the important points and let other details go.
FINALLY, GOOD NOMINATIONS WRITE THEMSELVES. If you are not certain an individual really is worthy of the award, sit down, describe the accomplishments, list the importance of those actions, and what you have written will speak for itself.