2019 Section on Emergency Medicine (SOEM) Abstracts Program
- The Section on Emergency Medicine (SOEM) accepts abstracts related to any aspect of pediatric emergency medicine (PEM).
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee.
- There will be a separate abstract judging process for disaster preparedness in PEM abstracts, with designated slots in the SOEM Committee for the Future program on Friday morning. Details are outlined under a separate header below.
- There will also be a separate abstract judging process for QI abstracts with designated slots in the main SOEM program on Friday afternoon to highlight original quality improvement research and projects. To be considered quality improvement, abstracts should describe a specific aim, an improvement process, and results toward achieving the aim. The project should be prospective and address a gap in quality.
- Submissions by members and non-members of the SOEM are welcome; participation is open to health professionals in any field. However, any abstracts whose authors are not members of the SOEM require a sponsor who is a member. It is the responsibility of the individual submitting the abstract to find a sponsor. Sponsors must ensure that nonmembers adhere to all guidelines. Authors submitting to the SOEM in need of a sponsor may contact Dr. Karen O'Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Abstracts may be submitted to another scientific society for presentation, but should not have been published prior to presentation at the AAP. Abstracts presented at previous AAP meetings should not be re-submitted.
- Awards will be provided to 5 abstracts, including: 1) Overall Best Abstract, 2) Best Poster, 3) Best Abstract by a Resident or Fellow Trainee, 4) Best Quality Improvement Abstract, and 5) Travel Award for Best Committee for the Future poster.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Dr. Karen O'Connell (email@example.com) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
SOEM COMMITTEE FOR THE FUTURE ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ON DISASTER PREPAREDNESS FOR THE PEM PHYSICIAN
- The SOEM Committee for the Future (C4F) has organized another great session for Friday morning during the SOEM scientific abstract program. This year's program will focus on Disaster Preparedness in Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM)
- The C4F invites pediatric and emergency medicine trainees (residents and fellows), or their faculty, to participate. Healthcare professionals, PEM fellows or faculty, are encouraged to display their PEM scholarly work during this session.
- A well structured abstract of 450 word or less should be submitted. Abstracts will be judged by C4F members on their creativity, content and applicability.
- Although SOEM membership is not required for participation in the C4F poster session, membership is encouraged as it will give participants the opportunity to compete for the 2019 C4F Travel award that will be announced onsite at the conference. The award provides $500 in reimbursement of travel or NCE related expenses after the conference.
- If you have questions on the C4F poster session, contact Dr. Ameer Hassouri at firstname.lastname@example.org
MOC Part 4 credit is available for qualified accepted abstracts. For additional details, visit: here.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
Log in to submit an Abstract
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now