* indicates a required field
Welcome to the Webinar Series Call for Presentations
Present at the 2021 Virtual Tri-State Conference!
AIA New Jersey, AIA New York State, and AIA Pennsylvania are proud to announce the 2021 Virtual Tri-State Conference. The three states have come together once again to share ideas and technologies that are redefining our industry.
We plan to offer an assortment of educational sessions that highlight ways that architects are leading the way in the following tracks. Creative ideas will be considered in all areas, including, but not limited to the suggested topics below:
- Path to licensure
- Advocating for your value in the profession
- Leadership training
- Alternative career paths
- Starting your own firm
- Impact design
- Humanitarian design
- Gaming's impact on design
- Cross disciplines
- Bridging between community involvement and a profitable practice
- How firms are evolving and changing.
- Design co-working spaces – how they work
- Recruiting and retaining good talent – from an EP and Principal view
- HR issues for the Architectural Firm
- Managing a Practice for Work/Life Accommodation – No Matter the Size
- How technology has affected professional/client relationships
- Design innovation – New design concepts improving the way buildings are built
- Designing for the disabled
- Designing in limited spaces
- Designing for a senior population
- Innovation in affordable housing
- New techniques for creating space
- Emotional Intelligence in today’s practice
In the spirit of inclusion, we encourage you to consider the importance of diversity in geography, ethnicity, gender, and experience when selecting potential speakers and panelists. Simply hearing someone say "I believe you are a great fit for the topic" can be a great confidence builder for a potential speaker and giving less recognized voices a platform to speak helps elevate us all. We hope you take this into consideration by carefully selecting who may enhance the value of your presentation.
Seminars will be 90 minutes in duration. We will be hosting this event virtually and appreciate your flexibility in regards to format. Each speaker and/or panel member must be listed separately with all contact information provided.
AIANYS, AIANJ & AIAPA will retain a complete set of materials (including PowerPoint presentations, handouts, and a list of samples) on file for each seminar in order to meet The American Institute of Architects mandates. Seminar and workshop presenters will be required to submit a master copy of their visual presentation materials in electronic format for CES review at least 4 weeks prior to the presentation to be distributed to event attendees in advance. Please do not submit seminar materials as part of your proposal.
Continuing Education Submittal
Once selected, AIANYS will submit your program to the American Institute of Architects CES to ensure that the appropriate LUs and HSW credits within AIA and New York mandatory education guidelines are applied and to avoid any possible confusion of credit.
The final step in the program design and delivery process is evaluation. To better implement future programming, participants will evaluate your session on the following criteria:
- How well did the content match the published description?
- How clearly stated were the learning objectives and were they met?
- How effective were the uploaded material and did they add value?
- How fulfilled were the attendees’ expectations?
- How valuable was the topic to the attendee?
To begin the submission process, click ‘Create Account’ and enter your contact information. Your confirmation email will provide you with login credentials, as well as a link to access your submission should you need to complete it at a later date. If you are logging back in to complete or edit your submission, enter your email address and password under 'Already a User'.
Log in to the Call for Presentations
Click the 'Create Account' button to begin your first submission.Create Account