2019 Section on Tobacco Control (SOTCo) Abstracts Program
- Program abstracts describing ongoing or completed projects focusing any aspect of tobacco control
- Research abstracts presenting original research findings.
This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio. Additional details are available here.
Quality Improvement Project Abstract Submission and MOC Part 4 Eligibility
- Please describe the following in your abstract submission. These items MUST be included on the poster in order to be eligible for MOC credit.
- The specific aim of the quality improvement project that describes the target population, desired numerical improvement, and timeframe for achieving the improvement.
- The process for improvement (e.g. QI methodology utilized, how the intervention was implemented, how tests of change were used to modify interventions, who was involved, etc.)
- Graphical display of data: a minimum of baseline and 2 follow-up measurements.
- A discussion of the degree to which the aim was achieved.
- Factors that affected success
- Next steps for the QI project
To submit an abstract describing a QI project select the QI project submission type.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be contacted by AAP Division of Quality/MOC Portfolio staff with further information about MOC eligibility.
Note: authors can still submit a QI project abstract even if not interested in MOC credit. Abstracts may still be accepted into the program even if they do not follow the MOC guidelines. These, however, will not be eligible for MOC credit.
Poster/oral presentations describing projects already approved for MOC Part 4 credit are not eligible for additional credit.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.