2019 Section on Critical Care (SOCC) Abstract Program Criteria
- The AAP Section on Critical Care (SOCC) will accept abstracts this year that focus on topics impacting the clinical care of critically ill and injured infants, children and adolescents, as well as other clinical and laboratory research of interest to the pediatric intensivist. The SOCC is also seeking submissions focused on value-based care and nurse practitioner (NP) staffing models. Abstracts and Case report submissions focusing on patient safety, education, health policy, and quality outcomes are highly encouraged.
- Programming will focus on the successful training of our pediatric critical care trainees, including trainee-specific programming, to enable them to develop and sustain careers in research, leadership, and advocacy.
- Three abstract awards will be awarded: Best Scientific Abstract, Best Quality & Value Based Care Abstract, Best Education Abstract ($500 each; nurses encouraged to apply) as well as three Physician-in-Training/Nurse Travel Grants.
- The annual Distinguished Career Award will also be awarded to recognize an SOCC member and senior leader in the field of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine who has made significant career accomplishments and contributed to the subspecialty for 25 years or longer post fellowship completion.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentation as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee. Case reports will also be accepted.
- Poster presentations should remain up for the entire SOCC scientific abstract program.
- Abstracts may be submitted to another scientific society for presentation but should not have been published prior to presentation. Papers presented at previous AAP meetings should not be re-submitted.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify the SOCC Abstract Chair, Dr. Ellie Hirshberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- MOC Part 4 credit is available for qualified accepted abstracts. For additional details, Please click here.