Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Awards
Recognizing five recent graduates from veterinary colleges or schools.
The Award is Designed to
- Promote WVC’s goal of educating new graduates to maintain their interest in food animal clinical practice or other related careers, such as food animal clinical skills instruction or applied clinical research.
- Showcase the educational enrichment opportunities offered by WVC.
- Recipients receive a $1,000 stipend, complimentary registration, lodging, airfare, meals, and a $525 travel allowance to attend the WVC 92nd Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV on February 16-19, 2020.
- Graduation from an AVMA-accredited veterinary college.
- Currently enrolled in an advanced training program from an AVMA-accredited school (internship, residency or related graduate program) directly related to food or fiber production related to beef, dairy or small ruminant.
- Award criteria emphasizes applied knowledge to further food animal veterinary medicine in the following order.
- Clinical Practice
- Clinical Skills Educational Instruction
- Clinical & Applied Research
- Recipients must be able to attend the WVC 92nd Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada to receive the award.
- Account registration begins September 2, 2019.
- Complete the application form.
- Provide resume and a brief description of your current veterinary activities.
- Describe your specific area(s) of interest in food animal medicine and production.
(500 words maximum)
- Describe your career goals and objectives. How might this award help you achieve your plans?
(500 words maximum)
- Letters of recommendation from two veterinary mentors are requested.
- Begin applying online – September 2, 2019
- Applications are due – October 14, 2019
- Recipients will be announced – November 12, 2019
- WVC Annual Conference – February 16-19, 2020
If you have any questions please contact Ms. Dawn Casagrande-Terry at email@example.com or call direct at 702.443.9246.
Submit an Awards Application
Already Have an Account?
* indicates a required field
Questions? WVC: Stephanie Gerling -
- / (702) 443-9246