* indicates a required field
Welcome to the ACT 44th Annual Meeting Poster Abstract Submission System
We are all excited about the 2023 ACT 44th Annual Meeting, to be held November 12–15, 2023, at the Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, Florida. Thank you for submitting an abstract.
The following are important deadlines:
The following are important deadlines:
- Fellowship/Grant Applications (requires completed abstract): Closed: May 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm, Eastern Time Award Abstract and Poster Guidelines (PDF)
- Abstract Submissions: June 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm, Eastern Time Abstract and Poster Guidelines (PDF)
- Abstracts cannot exceed 250 words in length—not including title, authors, or institutions. The 250-word limit includes all text in the body of the abstract.
- Do not indent the title and DO NOT USE ALL CAPS.
- Include the authors’ full first, middle, and last names. Include institution, city, and state/country. Omit degrees, titles, institutional appointments, street addresses, and zip codes. Select the presenting author in the system.
- Ensure that the correct author has the correct institutions noted after their name.
- The text of the abstract should consist of a single paragraph. The abstract should be factual and informative. It should adequately summarize the work to be presented, including results and conclusions. Do not indicate that “results will be presented,” and do not include images or graphs in the body copy.
- The use of standard abbreviations is desirable (e.g., rbc, kg, mg). A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full phrase that it represents. Numerals rather than words should be used for all numbers over a single digit (e.g., 10, 500, 7,500). Always spell out numbers one through nine and numbers used to begin a sentence.
- Make sure that all italics, superscript, subscript, and any special characters are in place before submitting an abstract.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in International Journal of Toxicology (Jan./Feb. issue), which will be provided to registered attendees in an electronic format.
- Presenting authors may present only one poster at the Annual Meeting, but there is no limit to the number of posters that someone may co-author.
- The information displayed on the poster should be limited to scientific data and should not contain marketing of any kind.
- Priority of acceptance will be given to original research. Previously published abstracts, virtually or otherwise, will not be published in International Journal of Toxicology.
Fellowship/Grant notifications will be sent by July 7, 2023.
Abstract notifications will be sent the week of July 17, 2023.
Submissions may be adjusted/edited in the online system before the closing date. After the deadline, the ACT Awards Committee and/or Program Committee thoroughly reviews each fellowship/grant application and abstract submission. Priority of acceptance will be given to original research. Previously published abstracts, virtually or otherwise, will not be published in International Journal of Toxicology.
All presenting authors must register for the Annual Meeting by August 1. Full meeting registration is required; there are no exceptions. Presenting authors must be present at their poster during the Poster Session on Monday, November 13. If the presenter fails to appear for the Poster Session, the abstract submission will not appear in International Journal of Toxicology (Jan/Feb issue), the scientific journal of ACT. Please keep in mind that presenting authors may present only one poster at the Annual Meeting, but there is no limit to the number of posters that you may co-author.
Please read the ACT Abstract and Poster Guidelines before completing your abstract submission. Posters should represent only scientific material and should not contain any marketing of a company, service, or product.
Visit the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section once you login to view Award Submission Guidelines; Abstract Submission Guidelines; and Award Application Help Document.