* indicates a required field
AJA’s Call for Presentations for the 42nd Conference & Jail Expo
- Call for Presentations closes on August 30, 2022 at 2:59 p.m. PT
- Submitters will be notified by October 12, 2022 if their workshop submission has or has not been selected.
- The workshop schedule will be finalized in February 2023.
- The 2023 AJA Conference & Jail Expo is May 20-24, 2023 in Omaha, Nebraska. Early bird registration is now open.
We invite you to submit thought-provoking, educational workshops that cover current topics, trends, and innovative programs and strategies that affect or can impact our Nation’s jails. Workshops are intended to provide attendees with training, professional development, and actionable takeaways to continue to improve careers and facilities. We are looking for submissions that address issues that affect the operation of jail facilities, provide tangible ways to adapt to change, and allow for personal and professional development and growth.
Due to the significant number of submissions we receive each year, not every submission can be selected. Strong submissions feature:
- A strong and catchy title
- Brief but informative topic description
- 5 learning objectives
- A topic that will interest a variety of the targeted audience
The 2023 Conference Tracks include:
Strategic Inmate Management
Risk Liability & Legal Updates
Classification & Programming Challenges
Jail Technology: A Force Multiplier
Medical & Mental Health: Adversity & Solutions
Staff Wellness: The Next Steps
Tribal Jails: Confronting Change
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now