Welcome to the 2020 Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) Summit Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts
2020 Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) Summit
Achieving the Next Level of Excellence: In Practice, Education & Career
February 20-22, 2020
Hilton Palacio Del Rio w San Antonio, TX
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) invites faculty, nursing administrators, practicing CNLs and students to submit abstracts that showcase initiatives and innovations in either CNL education or practice. Of particular interest are abstracts that reflect innovation and highlight:
- Using the CNL skillset across the continuum of care
- Impact and value of the CNL role in achieving the Quadruple Aim: improved cost, quality and service outcomes as well as healthcare provider work life.
- Making the business case for the CNL
- Innovative CNL curriculum models that highlight emerging trends in healthcare and nursing education (e.g. implementation of the 2017 Recommended CNL Practice Experiences, transition into practice models for all CNL graduates but particularly the Model C graduates)
- Role of the CNL in new models of care in an era of healthcare reform, with a focus on integrating care across the continuum, transitions, and care coordination
- Improving outcomes in complex care environments and with complex populations
- Submitters may access the site as often as they like to modify the document until the final submission deadline, Monday, November 4, 2019. Submitters have control over when the abstract is finally submitted.
- All abstracts are due on or before 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, November 4, 2019.
Each abstract is reviewed by at least two individuals and the process is blind; hence, reviewers do not see names of submitters or school affiliations. To increase the probability of an abstract being selected, please consider the following criteria:
- Relevance to overall theme of conference and topics listed above.
- Clear connection to Clinical Nurse Leader education or practice.
- Quality of the abstract.
- Novelty of the topic (e.g., the topic addresses a new question or problem or approaches traditional questions from a novel perspective. This is not a requirement but may give your submission an advantage.)
- All abstracts will be reviewed using this scoring rubric. To ensure that your abstract receives the highest score, please review the rubric before submitting your abstract.
- Authors will be notified about the status of their submission(s) via email no later than Friday, December 6, 2019. This is sufficient time to meet the conference registration deadlines and the January 31, 2020 hotel cutoff date.
- If you are accepted as an abstract (podium) presenter, you will need to submit your PowerPoint presentation on the submission website by Thursday, February 1, 2020. Additional instructions on how to submit will follow if you are accepted.
NOTE: All accepted presenters (including co-presenters) are required to register for the conference in order to attend and present their work. Presenters are responsible for their own expenses, including the conference registration fee. All registered attendees are provided conference materials that will include a copy of the original abstract submission. Given limited capacity issues, the speaker slides for the podium presentations are not posted to AACN’s website.
Please direct questions to Jabari Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-463-6930 ext. 250.
Detailed information about the 2020 conference program will be available in October.
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Already a User?
* indicates a required field
Questions? Nursing Education Policy Coordinator : Jabari Cooper -
- / (202) 463-6930 x 250