- Abstracts submitted to the Section on Section on Child Death Review & Prevention should focus on child death review and/or infant mortality review as it relates to injury prevention, data collection, child abuse prevention, etc. These can include a variety of settings including in-office, community and state-based activities. Some examples may include:
- Community injury prevention activities built on CDR/FIMR data
- Improvements in CDR/FIMR team collaboration and/or data collection
- Changes in practice based on CR data or team involvement
- State based initiatives build from findings of CDR/FIMR teams
- Two types of abstracts are encouraged:
- Research abstracts presenting original research findings
- Program abstracts describing ongoing or completed projects
- Quality improvement abstracts describing ongoing or completed Q/I projects
- Special consideration will be given to those abstracts submitted by physicians in training at any level
- Abstracts will be accepted for Poster Presentations only.
- Abstracts may either be new or previously presented.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Florence Rivera (email@example.com) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
The section will offer MOC Part 4 credit for QI (Quality Improvement) projects. QI abstracts accepted for presentation may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP's Maintenance of Certification(MOC) Portfolio. Additional information, including requirements for MOC eligibility and instructions, can be found here
Log in to submit an Abstract
Already a User?
* indicates a required field