* indicates a required field
2024 CAPCSD Annual Conference
Call for Papers and Posters
New Orleans Marriott
Wednesday, April 3 - Saturday, April 6, 2024
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
The CAPCSD Conference Planning Committee is accepting theme and topic-related presentation submissions for 60-minute and 90-minute academic and clinical papers and 30-minute posters.
- Pedagogy: Effective pedagogical techniques to improve critical thinking, counseling skills, and overall communication
- DEI: Advanced application of DEI principles (concrete examples of implementation and application to accreditation)
- SOTL: Clinical examples of evidence-based practice: Applications of SOTL
- Collaborative Research: Results from collaborative research efforts (including students in research, bridging researcher-clinician gap)
- Creative Clinical Models: Using alternative approaches to help students gain clinical competencies
- Formative and Summative Assessments: Effective means for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data
- Core Content Teaching: Innovative approaches to delivering undergraduate CSD core curriculum
Important DatesWednesday, October 4, 2023:
- 11:59 PM ET - Deadline for submissions of all paper and poster proposals.
- All first authors with an accepted paper/poster will receive an email from the Conference Planning Committee.
- First authors are responsible for notifying additional authors, if applicable.
- Deadline for ALL authors of accepted submissions to complete the CAPCSD conference speaker tasks including contact information, financial and non-financial relationships disclosures.
Submission RequirementsComplete the submission and provide the requested information and responses.
- Contact information for all authors, including email address, physical address, office and cell phone numbers, title, and employer. Note: The first author listed will be the main contact for the submission.
- Title that does not exceed 14 words
- Selection of one of the 2024 conference topics
- Target audience(s): department chairs, clinical directors, program directors, graduate directors, general faculty
- Target professional area: SLP, AuD, Both
- Should the Presentation Type you originally selected (90-minute, 60-minute, 30-minute poster) be unavailable, please select other Presentation Types you are willing to present (if any)
- Abstract of 125 words or fewer
- Top reason someone should attend this session
- Three learning objectives
- Describe how the submission is evidence-based or explain the professional rationale supporting the submission.
- Describe the relevance of the submission to contemporary issues in the profession. (Consider that reviewer may not be in the same university role as you.)
- Information: In 2024, CAPCSD is providing a new tool called an Audience Response System (ARS). This tool will allow session attendees to submit questions live to the presenter through the conference app. All attendees can see the questions submitted and click to upvote the questions that are most important to them. This allows the presenter to see the questions in a prioritized order based on audience request. Question: Which other methods will you incorporate into the presentation to make it interactive?
- The proposal process is competitive and only a limited number of presentations will be accepted.
- Review your submissions carefully. Title, abstract and learning objectives will be reviewed and published on the conference website and in the conference mobile app exactly as submitted unless authors are notified of changes by the Conference Planning Committee.
- For more information about financial and non-financial relationships disclosures requirement, refer to http://www.asha.org/CE/for-providers/Conflict-of-Interest-and-Disclosure-Information-for-Presenters
- Preference will be given to papers and posters that include evidence to support their submission and are data-driven.
- Past attendees of this conference have indicated their desire to attend sessions that are interactive (e.g., include hands-on activities), so please take that into consideration when finalizing your abstract and learning objectives.
- New in 2024, CAPCSD is providing a new tool called an Audience Response System (ARS). This tool will allow session attendees to submit questions live to the presenter through conference app. All attendees can see the questions submitted and click to upvote the questions which are most important to them. This allows the presenter to see the questions in a prioritized order based on audience request.
- Reference ASHA’s Recommendations for Infusing Evidence into Continuing Education Course Content when developing your submission and course content by referring to:
Questions?Click here to contact Mandie McKenzie.
To begin a submission, click on the 'Register Now' button or 'Log In' button below.
Log In to the Call For Papers/Posters Site
Click 'Join Now' to begin your submission.Join Now