2019 Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (SONPM) Abstracts Program
- The Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine accepts abstracts related to neonatal and perinatal medicine.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee.
- This section will consider abstracts in 3 categories: original research, basic science and clinical research.
- Educational research related to neonatal-perinatal medicine will also be considered; case reports and Quality Improvement.
- Animal studies should have IACUC approval; human studies should have IRB approval. A field is provided in the abstract submission process to submit these approval numbers, if applicable.
- In addition to unpublished work, abstracts may be accepted if presented at another meeting and published as an abstract, but not published as a manuscript.
- The top 10-12 abstracts submitted by fellows in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training will receive AAP SONPM Travel Award to help defray the cost of travel to the meeting.
- The top two presentations given by a trainee or resident will receive a Young Investigator Award and $1000.00.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Dr Clara Song at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- The section will offer MOC Part 4 credit for QI (Quality Improvement) projects. QI abstracts accepted for presentation may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP's Maintenance of Certification(MOC) Portfolio. Additional information, including requirements for MOC eligibility and instructions, can be found here.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.