Welcome to the ACT 2023 International Conference Session Proposal Site
Information and Schedule
The Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) is requesting a call for session proposals for ACT’s 2023 International Conference, the premier event for Transportation Demand Management (TDM) professionals.
Our 2023 International Conference at the Sheraton Grand Seattle (July 30 – August 2) will attract professionals and practitioners from across the United States and around the globe. Attendees representing public and private sector employers and providers of services and programs, universities and non-profit organizations, will gather to share best practices and emerging innovations, engage with colleagues, and take part in intensive training workshops, discussions and educational tours.
We encourage you to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to share your ideas, knowledge and expertise.
Who Can Submit
Proposals, non-solicited in nature, from any individual, group, business, or organization, on any topic are welcome. The Conference Program Committee will review and consider all proposals for their educational value, alignment with desired topics, uniqueness, and diversity of speakers. Full session proposals (either individually presented or providing a slate of speakers) is the only option we are accepting this year.
Only proposals submitted through the Cadmium portal will be considered for evaluation. We encourage you to review the proposal form and prepare your response in a word document to ensure responses adhere to noted word limits. Incomplete proposals will not be accepted or considered.
- Call for proposals open: November 17, 2022
- Proposal submissions due: December 31, 2022
- Initial selection notifications: March 10, 2023
- Final selection notifications: March 31, 2023
Session slots at the International Conference are highly competitive with less than half of the proposals being selected. You can increase your chances of being selected by considering the following:
- Is the topic new or innovative?
- Will it attract a wide range of attendees?
- Are you telling a full story that includes measurable results about your program/service/issue?
- Will the presentation spark conversation or action?
- Will the presentation expand the understanding of TDM?
- Sessions may not present sales pitches or direct product promotion.
- New Trends and Innovations
- Organizational Management (HR, Finance, Governance)
- Transportation System Challenges
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in TDM
- Suburban and Rural TDM
- Employer/Private Sector
- Marketing & Communications
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Suburban and Rural TDM
- ACT Councils
- Organizational Challenges
What Information Is Needed
- Proposed Speaker Information: Name, title, organization, city, email address, headshot and short bio
- Selected Theme / Topic
- Session Type
- Primary point (or submitter) of contact information
- A primary point of contact (or submitter) is required for each proposed session and will be used to communicate all conference session proposal announcements.
- Breakout session description: One detailed description (up to 400 words) and one website description for marketing on our website (up to 100 words)
- Learning Objectives (Maximum of 3)
You will be using this form to provide your contact information and your required submission details for review. Everyone needs to click Join Now below to begin. Even if you have submitted a proposal in the past.