Welcome to the ISM 2021 Presentation Submission Site
Log in to the ISM2021 Call for Presentation
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now
Already a User?
The pandemic has thrust supply chain into the limelight. No longer working behind the scenes in the business world, the duties and performance of the supply management profession has become a topic of conversation among the general public who are now hyperaware of the role supply chain plays in their lives.
Those working in the procurement and supply chain are becoming strategic partners within the business, not only impacting cost savings but also innovation and revenue growth. There is a whole new world of possibilities. ISM2021, or what we are rebranding as ISM World, will provide each attendee with a 360-degree view of the possibilities the future could hold for their professional development and overall organizational success breaking down topics that speak to audience members where they are at and where they want to be. This year our focus is not so much on the topic tracks, but instead on the various roles within supply management. This is about delivering various perspectives within the profession that appeal to the roles we all play to make change happen.
What are we looking for?
You have a story to tell.
ISM is seeking original and innovative stories from thought leaders, like you, that will enable attendees to share with and learn from one another about how to best navigate the ever-changing landscape of supply management. Because this event is virtual, engagement is key. Consider including hands-on activities, exercises to engage the attendees, polls or other methods that promote lively participation.
Do you have a topic that speaks to team leaders, emerging professionals, category managers or senior executives? Could your presentation be presented from different perspectives to address a few of these audience members? We want to hear what interests you, challenges you and ultimately who you think will benefit the most from hearing your story.
The submission process is fun and meant to be simple. Please complete the fields of the form, create a fun promo video from your phone or computer camera and hit “submit”.
Submissions need to be in by Nov. 6th to be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the CFP open?
- The CFP opens on October 6, 2020.
- The CFP closes on November 6, 2020.
- Yes, we have a limit of 2 submissions per organization.
- Please keep your video to no longer than 2 minutes. Tell us about your presentation and what attendees will walk away with by attending. Share a little bit about you and/or the other speakers. Think of this as your presentation commercial.
NOTE: Portions of the video may be used for ISM Annual Conference promotional purposes if your presentation is selected.
- You can record your video using either your smart phone or by recording yourself through your computer camera. On your computer you can use your webcam or use tools like Microsoft Teams where you can record the meeting of yourself and/or your screen.
- Make sure you quiet any computer notifications so as not to disturb your recording session.
- Be sure to close your door and let others know you are recording and not to be disturbed (or include it if it’s a fun part of your video).
- Make sure that bright light is not shining behind or to either side of you. If you have a lamp put it in front of you.
- If using a laptop, put it on some books to get a little height so that the camera is head-on and eye-level.
- Have fun!
We can accept mp3, mp4, avi, mov, mpg, m4a file formats
Some tips when recording…
- Since this is a virtual conference, we will provide pre-production instructions for those selected to speak. For example, we will have either a recording session to pre-record your presentation or, if your session is live, we will schedule a rehearsal to help you prepare. We will walk you through every step of the way to make this a great experience.
- The ISM Annual Conference virtual takes place May 18-20, 2021. Accepted speakers could be assigned to present and/or be available to answer questions live on one or more of the days within these dates. In addition, leading up to the event, we will schedule a discovery call to go through technical checks, answer questions and prepare you for your session. Finer details will be finalized with each approved speaker.
- Practitioners and leaders in the field of supply management will review completed submissions and evaluate based on the description as it aligns with the conference theme, the interest level of the audience, and presentation format.
- Approved speakers receive a complimentary full registration to the ISM Annual Conference 2021, ISM certified members can also receive re-certification credit for presenting.