* indicates a required field
Welcome to the ASPL Submission Site
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Already a User for 2023?
Click the "Join Now" button above to begin your abstract submission.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2023
Authors are encouraged to submit proposals for current topics of interest for pharmacists, lawyers, and business and compliance representatives. We provide some suggested topics below, but proposals on other current, relevant topics are encouraged. We also ask that you consider proposing session formats other than lecture/panel. ASPL requests that no more than two individuals present per session. Those wanting more presenters must provide justification for the need of additional speakers. Rooms will be set in classroom style with a podium and two chairs/table. Those presenters requesting other setups must submit their desired room setups with their proposals. Not all requests will be guaranteed. The Review Committee will take these requests into consideration and work to implement them if possible. Suggested topics:
- 503b/505j/505b2 compliance
- 340b from the perspective of pharmacist compliance
- New compliance/regulatory issues
- Medication safety
- PBM DIR fees
- USP regulatory compliance issues with 503a pharmacies
- Veterinary Pharmacy laws
- Reproductive healthcare access
- Internal investigations
- DEA update – changes in CFR and guidance
- Workload/workforce issues in pharmacy
- Inflation Reduction Act
- Ethics sessions
- Prescriptive Authority
- Test & Treat
- Impact of state formulary laws on access to affordable medicines
- Growth of Medicare Advantage impact on patient access to medications
- Panel of state BOP representatives to discuss trends with board regulation, discipline, etc.
- Digital health – digital therapeutics, apps, etc.
- Practice innovation considerations – a soup to nuts look at the legal/regulatory touchpoints and considerations of the various new, innovative practice models from the pharmacy to individual consultant perspectives. eg, cash-only, appointment based, centralized, etc.
- Other topics
Each abstract should be:
- related to those who have at least 3 years in the industry. Preference will be given to proposals with an in-depth focus on a topic rather than a general overview.
- a 50-minute presentation by one or more speakers, with 10 minutes for Question & Answer;
- 300 words or less;
- include a short (50 word) biography; and
- four learning objectives (learning objectives must be written from the learner's perspective. What will the learner be able to do after hearing your presentation?)
- Provide a list of recent speaking engagements. Presenters with speaking engagements on industry related topics in the previous 3 years will be given additional consideration. New speakers are encouraged to submit abstracts.
Requirements for Selected Presenters
Each presenter must:
- confirm acceptance of the invitation to present in-person:
- confirm final presentation summary for inclusion in the registration materials before July 1, 2023;
- complete and sign a Financial Relationship Disclosure Statement and a Conflict of Interest Declaration by July 1, 2023;
- register for the conference on or before October 1, 2023;
- submit a final PowerPoint presentation by September 22, 2023 for committee review and agree to work with committee on updating presentation suggestions; and
- participate fully in the conference.
Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list to receive correspondence regarding your submission.