Call for Topics & Presentations
Professionals who wish to speak and submit a presentation proposal for a General Session, Breakout Session, and/or Hands-On Workshop during the 33rd Annual Scientific Meeting, scroll down and click 'Join Now.'
Individuals with recommendations for speakers – other than themselves – and/or topics to be included in the 33rd Annual Scientific Meeting, click here.
WHO IS AVA?
AVA, The Association for Vascular Access, is a not-for-profit multidisciplinary professional organization uniquely positioned as the leader in vascular access education and research. Its mission is to improve patient safety, comfort and outcomes, define the vascular access specialty, promote a favorable public policy environment, optimize professionals’ knowledge and skills, share best practices, and promote research in vascular access. AVA’s membership includes clinicians from many disciplines including nursing, medicine, radiology, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, as well as consumers, professionals from industry, education, research, and others with an interest or specialization in vascular access and related fields. Meeting attendees come from many countries and represent from areas such as:
AVA ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING
2019 marks AVA’s 33rd Annual Scientific Meeting with at least 1,300 attendees which include 60–70 industry partners. The meeting site is the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV. AVA demonstrates its leadership role in the art and science of vascular access. This four day conference (October 4-7, 2019) provides attendees with opportunities to participate in educational sessions, hands-on training, facilitated discussion, and networking. General sessions focus on development of the vascular access specialty, clinical research, professional development, technological advances, and evidence-based practice. Breakout sessions will offer small group presentations emphasizing subjects of interest for the vascular access specialist and related disciplines; abstract and poster presentations allow participants to share original research, education projects and clinical innovations. Platinum Showcases and exhibits afford participants, corporate members, and exhibitors the opportunity to learn from each other, design and apply new technologies, science, and techniques in the most effective ways. With separate registration fees, an additional day of pre- meeting workshops (October 3, 2019) offers in-depth exploration of topics of critical importance to the vascular access community.
- Proposals for Breakout Sessions, General Sessions, and/or Hands-On Workshops may be submitted through this form.
- Participation and submission of topic suggestions is NOT limited to AVA members.
- Topics should address the general or specific interests of AVA members and meeting participants keeping in mind that AVA is an organization of clinicians, healthcare specialties, and industry/corporate professionals involved in vascular access and related fields.
- Presentations must avoid any semblance of commercialism.
- Topics constituting promotional activities and/or advertising are prohibited.
- If a presentation or its content is underwritten in any way by an individual or organization other than the presenter, acknowledgement of the source and scope of support is required.
- No materials that promote the self-interest of the presenter or commercial interest of a company, or organization may be distributed/displayed.
- Sessions may be scheduled from 30 to 60 minutes in length at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Submissions are selected through a blinded peer review process unless prior authorization from AVA is received.
- AVA values diversity, inclusion, and professional mentoring among its membership and promotes these values in its topic and speaker selection processes.
- AVA reserves the right to solicit additional and or new speakers for any proposed topic.
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Already a User?
* indicates a required field
Questions? Organizer: AVA Meetings Department -
- AVAspeakers@conferencemanagers.com /
- (703) 964-1240, ext. 260