Welcome to the ICOE 2020 Abstract
Submission and Content Management Site
On behalf of the ICOE 2020 Hosts and IEA Ocean Energy Systems (OES), the company Conference Managers will be organizing the collection and review of abstracts using the Cadmium online platform (login below). ICOE 2020 will take place from May 19-21, 2020 at The Marriott Marquis Hotel, Washington, D.C. United States. Information about the conference is available on the website here.
The theme for ICOE 2020 is “Energizing a Powerful Blue Economy.”
ICOE 2020 has three main goals:
• Showcase breakthroughs in marine energy technology research and development
• Prepare marine renewable energy to benefit the larger Blue Economy and the grid
• Identify research needed to further advance the state of the technology.
Five Topic Areas have also been identified to focus attention on specific areas of interest in the initial call for content. They are:
• International Developer and Technology Showcase
• The Future of Our Oceans and Ocean Energy’s Potential to Power the Blue Economy
• Foundational and Cross‐Cutting Research and Development
• Enabling the Long‐term Evolution of Ocean Energy Industries
• How Do We Get There? Securing Funding, Supportive Policies, and Regulatory Acceptance.
You will be asked to select a primary and optional secondary topic that you believe your abstract submission aligns to. A list of example abstract topics aligned with these areas is available here.
Oral presentations and panels at the ICOE 2020 Conference will also be organized into two parallel tracks, the “Technical & Research Track” and the “Industry & Markets Track”, in addition to other plenary sessions, poster sessions and workshops. The Technical and Research Track is being co-organized in partnership with the U.S. Marine Energy Technology Symposium, and some of the abstracts selected for presentations in that track will have the opportunity to publish full papers in a special edition of an international peer-reviewed journal.
Abstracts for proposed panels, individual oral presentations, and posters should be submitted by logging in below and using the provided forms. After starting a submission, your work is saved each time you click the Save or Continue button. If you log back in you can start where you last left off. To preview the submission process, please click here.
The initial Call for Content and Abstract Submission period will close on October 11, 2019. Please begin your submission early!
Note: If you are interested in meeting space at the hotel for a side workshop or other event, please review the options available here.
Log in to the Abstract Submission Site
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now
Already a User?
* indicates a required field
Questions? Questions: Corey Siembieda, Conference Managers -
- firstname.lastname@example.org /
- (703) 964-1420, x200