* indicates a required field
Welcome to the Group on Regional Campuses Shining Star Awards
2020 Group on Regional Campuses (GRMC) Shining Star Awards
The GRMC Star of Educational Innovation and Star of Community Achievement Awards recognize the significant efforts of regional medical campuses to develop programs that help students and strengthen ties with the communities they serve. All Awards are determined by the GRMC Steering Committee.
Award recipients will be announced January 2020, and will be invited to present at the 2020 Regional Medical Campus Conference, March 23-25, 2020 in Savannah, GA.
This site will guide you through the submission process. All nominations and related materials are due by December 19, 2019. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Star of Educational Innovation
The Star of Educational Innovation is awarded to a Regional Medical Campus (RMC) which has achieved a sustainable and measurable educational impact within the nominated student, resident, or faculty development program. Of particular interest to the GRMC are innovative education models which (1) provide value-added experiences to complement the medical curriculum and (2) utilize a research methodology to derive evidence-based standards for documenting benefits and impact. Strongest consideration will be given to those submissions where there is consistent positive impact for their program over time and where there may be reproducibility by other campuses
The Star of Community Achievement
The Star of Community Achievement award goes to a campus that has developed a program which has positively impacted the community it serves. The GRMC is particularly interested in innovative educational and research programs which position the Regional Medical Campus (RMC) to serve as a model for transformational change in either (1) improving the health status of its community or (2) achieving its social mission through collaboration with its community.
To be considered, the nomination for each of the awards must include:
- A program description addressing the following points
- Description of main features
- Innovative and/or unique qualities
- Impacts and outcomes
- Supporting documents may include an addendum to the program description, articles or publications that spotlight the program, or any items that aid in demonstrating positive outcomes related to the program
- The senior most administrator of the regional campus must endorse the nomination (this letter of endorsement is not required if the most senior campus administrator submits the nomination themselves).
- Have originated at the regional campus
- Be conducted/administered on the regional campus or between the regional campus and central campus
- Programs originating from the central campus will not be considered
- Note: Programs developed on the regional campus and expanded to the central campus or other regional campuses will be given special consideration
Supporting Documents (Optional and limit of 3)
Letter of endorsement (if applicable)
- To be eligible, the nominated program must:
Please submit all materials no later than December 19, 2019.