Call for PHM Stories, Mini-Plenary Sessions, Workshops, Clinical Quick Hits and General Topics
Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2023
August 3-6, 2023 ● Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Your research and thought-leadership have the power to shape the practice of pediatric hospital medicine and improve patient care. Now you can present them on a national stage at the Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2023 Conference in Philadelphia, PA. The PHM23 Planning Committee is accepting proposals for mini-plenaries, workshops, clinical quick hits, PHM Stories and general topics.
Submissions must be completed online by Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST. All submissions will be reviewed and considered for presentation at PHM 2023.
The PHM23 Planning Committee is interested in submissions in the following areas, as indicated in the PHM23 needs assessment survey:
Please see PHM 2023 Submission Guidelines at the bottom of this page for more information on submission types.
- PHM Stories The goal of PHM Stories is to help people reconnect with their purpose in medicine. This is meant to be a TED-style talk. This is a space for an open forum, focused on authentic stories. The past few years have been challenging, and we want to provide a space for sharing lessons learned within the PHM community.
- Mini-Plenary Sessions will be allotted a maximum of 75 minutes and should be didactic in nature with audience engagement.
- Workshops Interactive Sessions will be allotted 90-minute timeframe for presentation and should be engaging and interactive. The room will be set in round tables to allow for further engagement.
- Clinical Quick Hits will be allotted a maximum of 35 minutes for presentation and should be didactic.
- General Topic submissions give you the opportunity to submit the content that you would like to see at the PHM conference. These topics have the opportunity to be presented as any one of our presentation types. You may submit a general topic or a general topic with speaker suggestion. Please note, no acceptance or declination emails will be sent to you, the submitter.
- All lead faculty (one per session) will receive complimentary registration. PHM staff will register the lead faculty member automatically.
- All co-presenters and facilitators of accepted sessions must be registered for the conference in order to participate accordingly. Please communicate this requirement to those included in your proposal so they are aware of this protocol. Registration is not required in order to submit, however it is required in order to present.
- Mini-Plenary sessions, Workshops and Clinical Quick Hits may be scheduled throughout the duration of the conference, August 3-6, 2023. Please do not submit a proposal unless you are able to appear on any of the four days of the conference.
- We recognize that your submission may fit into more than one category and the planning committee will address that when reviewing your complete submission.
- All proposals must be completed and submitted by Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST. No extensions to this deadline will be granted.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by the end of March 2023. Please note, no acceptance or declination emails will be sent to those who provide general topic submissions.
- For more information on the submission process, please view our PHM 2023 Content Submission Guidelines.
- Refer to the PHM 2023 Tips for High Quality Workshop Submissions document to help guide you in creating your workshop submission.
- Watch this video on tips for content submissions!
Pediatric Hospital Medicine's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
PHM is committed to advancing medicine and the communities we serve through celebrating diversity, promoting inclusion, and fostering equitable cultures. The principles of DEI are a guiding framework imbued throughout each step of the planning process as a persistent effort to eliminate health disparities and cultivate a safe and respectful environment for all, regardless of background or identity. We are dedicated to creating a program that honors and supports our diverse communities and actively opposes intolerance, bigotry, bias, and discrimination.
We hope you will consider submitting a proposal for the Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2023 conference.
The PHM 2023 Planning Committee