* indicates a required field
Welcome to the SAR Scientific Presentation and Educational Exhibit Submission Site
Invitation to ParticipateThe Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR) invites members to submit a scientific presentation and/or educational exhibit proposal to be considered for presentation at the 2023 SAR Annual Meeting.
2023 SAR Annual MeetingFebruary 26 - March 3, 2023
Submission Site Opens: Tuesday, June 28th
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, September 20th, 8 PM PST/ 10 PM CT/ 11 PM ET
Notification of Scientific Presentation and Educational Exhibit Acceptance: Friday, November 18th
Scientific Presentation:Scientific abstracts are hypothesis-driven, original research in the field of abdominal radiology. Scientific abstracts will generally be accepted for oral presentation; however, a small number may be accepted as Scientific Posters at the discretion of the Scientific Program Planning Committee.
Educational Exhibit:Educational exhibits are intended to present educational content in an electronic format to review topics, new technology, procedures, or discoveries in the field of abdominal radiology.
Power Science Presentation (OPENS SEPT. 27th):Power science abstracts are hypothesis-driven, original research performed by clinical abdominal/body radiology fellows who started on or after July 1, 2022. Power Science Abstracts will generally be accepted for oral presentation; however, a small number may be accepted as Scientific Posters at the discretion of the Scientific Program Planning Committee.
General Submission Guidelines:
1) At least one author must be a SAR, ASAR, ESUR, or ESGAR Member in good standing. The last day to submit a SAR membership application, in order to meet the deadline for a Scientific Presentation and/or Educational Exhibit abstract submission, is Thursday, September 1, 2022, 5 PM CDT.
2) Please do NOT submit the same abstract multiple times or in multiple presentation categories.
3) Power Science Abstracts (OPENS SEPT. 27th) have a later timeline for submission to allow participation of new clinical abdominal/body radiology fellows beginning their fellowship on or after July 1, 2022. Power Science abstract submitters must be enrolled in a current clinical abdominal/body radiology fellowship program for 2022-2023. Proof of fellowship status must be uploaded during the abstract submission process. Additional guidelines concerning Power Science submissions will be included on the Welcome Page of the abstract submission site.
Scientific Presentation (including Power Science) Guidelines:
1) The SAR Scientific Sessions are closed sessions for member attendees only. Scientific presentation at the SAR Annual Scientific Meeting does not preclude presentation at other meetings. Scientific abstracts that have been presented previously at a closed session of another society are eligible for presentation at this meeting; the SAR does not accept previously published scientific papers or posters.
2) Abstracts are limited to 350 words and should be submitted using the following sections: Purpose; Materials and Methods; Results and Conclusion (including clinical relevance).
3) Travel Scholarship for Trainees ($1,000): All fellows, residents, and medical students are eligible to apply for travel support for oral presentation of a scientific or power science abstract at the annual meeting. Authors should indicate their interest during abstract submission.
4) Instructions for Scientific and Power Science Presentations: All scientific and power science abstract submissions will be considered for oral presentation and scientific poster presentation formats. The Scientific Program Planning Committee will determine the presentation format. Presentation format and further instructions will be indicated at the time of notification of acceptance.
Educational Exhibit Guidelines:
1) Abstracts are limited to 350 words and should be submitted using the following sections: Learning objectives/Aims; Background; Content; Summary and Clinical Implications. The submission must include five content-related slides (without video or animation) with the abstract. The slides should include a title slide, 3 slides with content including images/illustrations and a summary slide with clinical implications.
2) Accepted educational exhibits will be created and uploaded in electronic format.
Other Notable Deadlines:
Application for SAR Membership in Time for 2023 Meeting: September 1, 2022
Power Science Abstract submission site Opens: September 27th and Ends: December 8, 2022
Notification of Power Science Acceptance: December 15, 2022
Deadline for Educational Exhibit Presentation Upload: January 19, 2023
Scientific Session Presentation (Oral Papers and Power Science): February 26 - March 3, 2023
If you are submitting a proposal for the first time for the SAR 2023 Annual Meeting, please click on the Join Now button below to register and begin your submission. Please note only First Name, Last Name and Email Address are required fields. All SAR submission questions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Log in to the SAR Submission Site
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now