2019 Section on Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery (SOCCS) Abstracts Program
- The Section on Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery accepts abstracts related to any aspect of cardiology or cardiac surgery, including pediatric and adult congenital heart disease, pediatric cardiology, and pediatric cardiac surgery. This section will consider original research only. Abstracts must describe original, previously unpublished and unpresented work. Accepted abstracts will be published in the online Congenital Heart Disease Journal.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee. Regular oral abstracts will be presented on Saturday morning. Posters will be hung from Friday through Sunday for the duration of the 3-day cardiology program with a Poster Walk Reception. The Pediatric Cardiology Training Fellows workshop will be held on Saturday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm.
- The Young Investigator Awards are broken down into three categories: Medical Students/Residents; Training Fellows; and Early Career (within five years of training). Authors will be notified of acceptance to the Young Investigator Award competition in July. If accepted, authors must submit a manuscript by late August in order to compete for the Award. Young Investigator abstracts will be presented on Friday afternoon..
- If you have any questions about the cardiology schedule or if you must cancel your abstract presentation, please contact Vivian Thorne as soon as possible.
- This year, we will be accepting abstracts describing quality improvement projects. These abstracts may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Portfolio. Additional details are available here.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.