2019 Section on Breastfeeding (SOBr) Abstracts Program
- The Section on Breastfeeding accepts abstracts related to any aspect of breastfeeding.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee.
- This section will consider abstracts in the following areas: original research, quality improvement projects, case reports, educational programs, and breastfeeding advocacy projects.
- Yes, this program will accept previously published or presented abstracts.
- Yes, this program will offer MOC Part 4 credit for QI (Quality Improvement) projects.
- No travel support is available.
- No sponsorship requirements.
- All research conducted by abstract authors should have been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the institution(s) where the research was conducted. The abstract selection committee may ask for documentation of approval by the respective IRBs if warranted.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Ngozi Onyema-Melton (NOnyema@aap.org) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- Submission will not preclude future submission for journal publication, nor does prior publication disqualify submission to this section. Complete the fields regarding previous submission even though this will not exclude the paper from consideration. Priority may be given to papers not previously published or presented.
The section will offer MOC Part 4 credit for QI (Quality Improvement) projects. QI abstracts accepted for presentation may be eligible for free MOC Part 4 credit through the AAP's Maintenance of Certification(MOC) Portfolio. Additional information, including requirements for MOC eligibility and instructions, can be found at www.aap.org/mocabstracts
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.