* indicates a required field
Welcome to the Submission Site
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION OVERVIEW
- All abstracts must be submitted online and should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to September 19, 2024. Authors are responsible for the content submitted. All authors should review and approve the final abstract prior to submission. Abstracts will be published as is.
- Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest and source(s) of funding is mandatory. Commercial relationships that occurred within the preceding 12 months must be disclosed. These relationships include grants, speakers’ bureau, consulting fees, major stockholder or other company ownership, etc. Funding from government and other nonprofit sources does not need to be disclosed. Disclosure information will be published in the final program on the VSS2024 conference website.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register to attend the Vascular Scientific Sessions in-person in Houston (September 19-22, 2024) by June 1, 2024. Otherwise, the abstract will be withdrawn.
- All submitted abstracts will be considered for presentation in multiple formats in the categories noted below. The Abstract Review Committee and the Scientific Program Committee will decide on the final allocation and presentation method. Select abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation based on scientific merit and based on their relevance to the topics addressed in the Scientific Sessions.
- Abstracts are limited to 1,900 characters, not including spaces. Specific abstract instructions can be found here.
- If the abstract is accepted as an oral podium presentation on the main stage, a printed poster is encouraged but not required.
- If the abstract is accepted as a printed poster, it should be prepared in paper format (ideally 48” x 36”; no larger than 48” x 48”).
- If the abstract is accepted as a moderated poster for the dedicated Poster Session, then both a digital poster (up to 5 slides) and a printed poster are required. The author will present the poster orally in the poster exhibit area on the afternoon of Friday, September 20, 2024. Each moderated poster presenter will be allocated 5 minutes to present, plus 3 minutes for discussion. All VSS2024 attendees are invited to the moderated poster session in the poster exhibit area to hear the short presentations and to ask questions. Presenters should be at the digital screen 10 minutes before the start of the session and remain there until the session has finished.
- Specific guidelines will follow based on acceptance of the abstract.
ABSTRACT CATEGORIES AND FORMATS:All submitted abstracts will be considered for presentation across multiple formats and categories. Authors should check all boxes that apply to their work; one abstract may be eligible for multiple categories.
- Case reports will be considered for:
a. Oral podium case presentation on the main stage during a disease/topic-specific session
b. Oral podium case presentation during Cases on the Rocks on Friday, September 20, 2024
c. Printed poster
- Original research will be considered for:
a. Oral podium presentation on the main stage during a disease/topic-specific session
b. Moderated poster with oral presentation during the Poster Session in the poster exhibit hall on Friday, September 20, 2024
c. Printed poster
- Young Investigator Award (YIA) Session: Abstracts submitted by presenting authors who are in training OR no more than 3 years out from the completion of their training may be considered for the YIA Session. Selected presenters will be invited to give an oral presentation of their original research on the main stage, followed by a discussion; they will compete for the Jay D. Coffman Young Investigator Award (Click here for prior winners). Prizes will be awarded based on the research quality and presentation. To be considered for the YIA session, please check the appropriate box during the online abstract submission process.
- Possible topics for case reports and original scientific research may include (but are not limited to) the following. In addition, abstracts related to topics listed in bold may be selected for oral presentation on the main stage. One such abstract will be embedded into most blocks on the main stage during the Scientific Sessions.
Aging Hypertension Aortic disease Lipids Arterial disease Lymphedema & lipedema Basic & translational science Obesity Cerebrovascular disease PAD & CLTI Devices, technology & digital health Pulmonary embolism & CTEPH Diabetes Rare vascular disorders Disparities & vascular disease Thrombosis & anticoagulation Epidemiology Vascular disease in women Exercise, nutrition, & prevention Vascular oncology Genetics Vascular ultrasound Health policy & vascular disease Venous disease
NOTIFICATION:Each abstract will be reviewed by the Abstract Review Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent by email in early May 2024. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
PUBLICATION:All accepted abstracts will be published on the VSS2024 conference website and in Vascular Medicine, the official journal of the Society for Vascular Medicine. Original research abstracts will be published in print, and cases will be published online only. The journal may make minor formatting or stylistic changes and correct obvious typographical errors but will not alter the content.
Log in to the Abstract ScoreCard
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now