2019 Section on International Child Health (SOICH) Abstracts Program
- The Section on International Child Health accepts abstracts related to any aspect of international/global child health. Abstracts in the categories of original research, program evaluation, educational or advocacy initiatives, and quality improvement projects will be considered.
- Abstracts will be accepted for podium (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee. Submissions by members and non-members of SOICH or SOIMG are welcome; participation is open to health professionals in any field.
- Eligibility requirements:
- SOICH member or sponsored by a SOICH member
- Abstracts may have been presented at a local, state, or regional meeting; however, the abstract may not have been previously published or cannot have been presented or submitted to other national meetings or journals at the time of their submission to the AAP National Conference & Exhibition. Papers presented at previous AAP meetings should not be re-submitted.
- Travel award eligibility: Travel awards will be rewarded to presenters of three accepted abstracts: (1) to a first author from a Low and Middle Income Country (LMIC) who is a trainee; (2) to a first author from a LMIC who is a non-trainee; (3) to an ICATCH awardee from a LMIC. Each of the awards will reimburse travel costs up to $3,000. Presenters who wish to apply for this award will submit a short application (1-2 paragraph) when submitting their abstract.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify Heather Crouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rajesh Daftary (email@example.com) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
- The Section encourages submissions from international health professionals. Accepted presenters will be required to obtain travel letters or visas per U.S. immigration guidelines.
If you created an account in a different program, you may use the same username and password. If this is your first time submitting, please create a new account.
Log in to submit an Abstract
Click 'Join Now' to begin your first submission.Join Now