Submit Your Game Changing Idea by August 24 at 8:00 PM CT
Do you have an idea that will change how the field approaches climate action? It takes big ideas to move a profession forward – ideas from different perspectives, voices, and backgrounds. Those big ideas could come from you. This is a great opportunity to share ideas and concepts under development that will drive innovation on climate action.
The ASLA Climate Action Plan seeks to transform the practice of landscape architecture by 2040 through actions taken by ASLA and its members focused on climate mitigation and adaptation, ecological restoration, biodiversity, equity, and economic development. This year, we ask submissions focus on a Climate Action Plan goal:
- Practice: Scale Up Climate Positive Approaches
- Equity: Empower Communities to Achieve Climate Justice
- Advocacy: Build Coalitions for Climate Action
During these fast-paced, innovative talks, presenters will have just seven minutes to share your game changing idea. Submissions from first-time presenters, students, emerging professionals, and allied professionals are encouraged.
The top submissions will be invited to present their game changing idea at the ASLA 2023 Conference on Landscape Architecture in Minneapolis. The winning game changer (selected by jury) will receive a $500 prize to put toward professional development opportunities.
Here's How to Enter
- Your Information: Tell us about yourself. Please include all social media handles so we can tag you!
- Game Changer Written Description: Pitch this talk to attendees in two sentences. How will your idea change the field?
- Video: Submit a short (one-minute, resolution of 1920x1080 with a 16:9 aspect ratio in MP4 format), cell phone-quality video describing your game changing idea. No fancy production required. Most importantly, have fun with it! The video must be under one-minute to be eligible.
Eligibility & Registration
- Landscape architecture professionals (graduates of a landscape architecture program recognized by ASLA) and landscape architecture students wishing to present at the Conference on Landscape Architecture need to be active members of ASLA.
- Game Changer presenters selected from this process will receive 30% off a full registration to the 2023 ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture.
- Allied professionals are encouraged to both submit and speak, but are not required to be members of ASLA.
Submission Review & SelectionThe top submissions will advance and be chosen to present at the conference in Minneapolis by popular vote.
- The presentation submission and review process is managed through an online system, Abstract ScoreCard. ASLA members and returning users should use their unique ASLA ID or username and password below. If you forgot your password, please visit: https://my.asla.org/password. Non-ASLA members should click “Begin Now” to get started.
- If you submitted to the call for presentations in January, your account information is the same.
- Please login to the Abstract ScoreCard early. Your account will lock after three incorrect password submissions. If this happens, please contact Membership at email@example.com directly to reset.
- Upon submission, the submitter will receive an email confirmation.
|August 3||Call for Game Changers Opens|
|August 24||Deadline for submitting game changers (8:00 PM CT)|
|August 28||Presenters from the top submissions notified they are moving on to popular vote|
|Late August - Early September||Presenters notified|
|October 27-30||ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture|