Abstract, Film, and ‘Stump the Professor’ Submission
Deadline Extended to Monday, October 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Only online submissions will be accepted. Abstract information or films cannot be altered after the submission site is closed. Please print a copy of your submission for your records. Incomplete or late abstract submissions will NOT be considered for presentation.
- At least one ACOG member must be included as an author in each submission.
- The content must be relevant, accurate, balanced, and include evidence-based recommendations.
- Artwork, images, tables, and graphs cannot be included in the submission
- The submitting and presenting author(s) must be included in the list of authors.
- The submitting author will serve as the primary point of contact
- If your submission is selected (regardless of the submission type), at least one author will be required to register and present in person during the 2023 ACSM. Please do not submit an abstract if at least one author cannot attend.
- ALL authors must complete all forms for the submission to be considered
- Owners and employees of commercial companies cannot be considered for presentation.1
- Authors may have relationships with the industry (which must be disclosed), but the submission must be independent of those relationships: written and submitted by the author without industry planning, oversight or editing.
- Corporate support, if any, must be disclosed.
- Submissions that promote corporate products or services will not be accepted2
DOWNLOAD DETAILED SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Present and publish* your new study or research during the 2023 ACSM through ePosters or oral presentations.
All abstract submissions are peer-reviewed by the Committee on Scientific Program, and accepted abstracts will be invited to submit an electronic poster (ePoster). A small number of high-scoring abstracts will be accepted as an oral presentation.
Evaluation of abstracts will be based on the following considerations:
- scientific merit
- relevance to obstetrics and gynecology
- original work, not previously published or presented at non-ACOG scientific meetings**
*Accepted abstracts for ACSM 2023 will be published in the Green Journal Annual Meeting Supplement.
**Work currently under peer review with an anticipated publication date after May 19, 2023, may be submitted.
Showcase your innovative work in the field of obstetrics and gynecology as visual narratives by submitting a short film to be considered for inclusion in the 2023 ACSM film festival sessions.
Only films of 7 minutes or less in duration will be considered for presentation at the Film Festival. Please note that any films longer than 7 minutes will be automatically withdrawn from consideration. At least one author of an accepted submission will be required to attend and present the film at ACSM 2023. You are encouraged to submit films even if they have been submitted for other meetings (including ACOG District meetings).
All films must be HIPAA compliant, with all references to patient identity removed. Any film that contains any identifying patient information will not be considered.
If your film is surgical in nature, you may want to consider submitting a surgical tutorial session proposal, an hour-long session with a more in-depth exploration of technique and lecture Please see the call for surgical tutorials linked here.
Stump the Professors
Only submissions from ACOG Junior Fellows will be considered.
Do you have a unique and challenging case that will stump our leading expert professors? Junior Fellows are encouraged to submit your cases to present at the 2023 ACSM. Four cases will be selected for the 2023 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting.
Winners will receive 50% off registration to the 2023 ACSM and are expected to be on-site to present on Sunday, May 21, 2023. Full presentation (PowerPoint) to be shared with the Clinical and Scientific Program General Program Chair by April 17, 2023.
The presenting author of accepted submissions will be required to fund their own attendance and conference registration at the 2023 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting to present their abstract and/or film, and should not submit an abstract and/or film if attendance is not possible. Any presenter who does not register independently for the meeting will be withdrawn from the program and their abstract removed from the syllabus and schedule.
You will be notified of your acceptance for either an oral, poster or film presentation no later than January 31, 2023.
1 Industry-supported but institution-conducted studies qualify for submission and review.
2 Industry-supported abstracts for direct industry-conducted and reported studies will not be accepted. For this type of research abstract, please consider either presenting an Exhibit or conducting a Product Theater. (For more information about exhibits, contact Craig Baker at Craig.Baker@spargoinc.com; for Product Theaters, contact J. Brocious at firstname.lastname@example.org.)