STUMP THE PROFESSOR CASE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
Stump the Professor Cases must be submitted online through the online submission site at the end of this page. Only submissions from ACOG Junior Fellows will be considered.
Please ensure the accuracy of your contact information and review the submission for grammar, spelling, and punctuation prior to submission. Stump the Professor Case information cannot be altered after submission. Please print a copy of your submission for your records. Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered.
The junior fellow who submits the case is responsible for providing information for all authors including disclosures.
The deadline to submit Stump the Professor Cases for consideration is Friday, March 11, at 11:59 p.m. E.T. Winners will be notified on or before March 28, 2022.
Winners will receive complimentary registration to the 2022 ACSM along with a $500 prize and are expected to be on-site to present on Sunday, May 8. Full presentations (PowerPoint) to be shared with Dr. Amy Young Clinical and Scientific Program General Program Chair by April 15, 2022.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Submitter - The submitter is responsible for providing contact information for all secondary authors. This information must include their full names, degrees and their own unique email addresses for inclusion on the case submission. The Submitter must provide:
- Full Name
- Email address and Phone number
Author(s) Information - Please create a list of authors for each submission and provide contact information for each author. No more than three (3) authors can be listed and only submissions from ACOG Junior Fellows will be considered. The following author(s) details are required:
- Full name(s);
- Email address and phone number;
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country;
- ACOG membership information (if applicable).
SUBMISSION CASE REQUIREMENTS
To ensure the integrity of submissions the submitter is required to complete a form providing case information on:
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or Animal Use Committee Approval (if applicable to the case submitted)
- Patient Informed Consent and Protected Health Information (if applicable)
- Off-Label Drug Use (if applicable)
- Trade Names for (if applicable)
DISCLOSURES AND AUTHOR/SPEAKER AGREEMENT
Disclosure and Author/Speaker Agreement forms must be filled out by each author individually prior to case submission. The submitter will be able to invite each author through the submission site to complete their own disclosure form. If all of the individual forms have not been completed the case submission will be deemed incomplete and will not be reviewed or considered.
STUMP THE PROFESSOR CASE Submission Format
Please DO NOT include artwork, images, or tables/graphs during this submission process. The text should be organized into six section headings as follows:
- Background (HPI)
- Medical History
- Physical Exam
- Clinical Course
- Case Final Diagnosis and description (include additional references as appropriate)
REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESSES
Four cases will be selected for the 2022 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting. All submissions received by the published due date will be independently reviewed and scored by the Committee on Scientific Program based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the field of obstetrics and gynecology in terms of scientific rigor and the novelty and originality of case findings;
- Overall clarity of writing and comprehensiveness;
- Clinical relevance;
- Pertinence to the interests of ACOG membership;
- Timeliness of the topic;
- Overall impact and quality.