Submissions are now open for Entomology 2023.
We are accepting submissions for papers, posters, infographics, mini-workshops, and Functions.
Entomology 2023 will feature both in-person live presentations and asynchronous on-demand presentations for our virtual speakers. Presenters may choose to submit their 10-Minute Presentation, Poster or Infographic as being presented live in National Harbor or pre-recorded for on-demand viewing via our online program.
- Submission Deadline: 10-Minute Papers, Posters, Infographics, and student competition submissions are due Monday, May 15. Submissions to the Early Career Professional Recognition Symposium and the Rising Stars of Entomology Award Symposium are due Monday, May 1. If you are submitting a Function/Event/Meeting, be sure to complete your submission by Monday, May 15 to avoid a late fee.
- Abstract Notification: Presenters will be notified via email of submissions status by August 15.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Student Only Non-Competition Sessions: Students may choose to participate in the student competition or in a non-competition student only session. Students wishing to participate in a non-competition session will need to select the “I will be participating in a non-competition student session” during the submission process. Note: All student competition submissions must be received by May 15. After that date, students cannot switch from non-competition sessions to the competition sessions.
Rules and Regulations
- You do not need to be an ESA member to submit an abstract.
- If your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST register for Entomology 2023.
- Presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying the program planner of cancellation may not be permitted to present papers or posters at any ESA-sponsored meeting for two years following the "no-show."
- Presenters of on-demand (virtual) presentations are required to register by September 11 and upload their presentations online by October 13.
- An author may not present more than one oral and one poster/infographic presentation. Invited speakers in Workshops and Organized Meetings are allowed one additional oral. Each submitted abstract must be different. Violators will be removed from the program.
- Students may only enter one presentation to the student competition.
- It is the policy of the Entomological Society of America to hold events (meeting, conferences, and professional gatherings) where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. On-demand presentations must be accessible to all including closed captioning of videos.
- Presenters whose abstracts were accepted for presentation but subsequently withdrew their abstracts two or more times within the last five years may be excluded from the program.
When you are ready to begin your submission, login below using your ESA website/member login information.
If you do not have an ESA website/member login information, select "Login" then “Create an Account” under Not a Member Yet?