Welcome to the 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting Call for Papers Site
The partnership of our organizations presents exciting opportunities for collaboration across submissions, Annual Meeting events, and programming.
Members of both AAA and CASCA will use this submission portal to submit proposals and special events for the Annual Meeting program. Out of respect for diverse cultural traditions, we request that photographs of human remains be included in presentations only if absolutely necessary. Presenting images of Indigenous human remains, in particular, should be avoided.
The submission portal will open throughout the year for various submission formats.
For a full calendar of the submission periods, visit the AAA website.
The submission portal is OPEN for General Call for Papers submissions and accepting the following session types –
Scholarly session formats:
- oral presentation sessions (standard and those with a retrospective focus),
- roundtables (standard and those with a retrospective focus),
- individually-volunteered papers,
- group gallery sessions,
- individual gallery sessions, and
- group flash presentations.
- mentoring events,
Important updates for the 2019 Call for Papers process:
- All requests for Membership Exemptions, available to non-anthropologists and anthropologists outside of the U.S. or Canada are due by March 20 (3 pm ET) and will not be processed after this date.
- The submission deadline is Wednesday, April 10 at 3 pm ET. The site will close promptly at this time, and there are no exceptions.
- Although the site will close on April 10 at 3:00 pm EDT, the site will NOT allow new submissions to be started after 3:00 pm EDT on April 5. All submissions must be started by April 5 (3 pm ET) and submitted by April 10 (3 pm ET) for review and consideration.
Please use this submission portal to provide your abstract and submission details. Submissions submitted outside of this portal or emailed directly to AAA are ineligible and will not be considered for the 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting Program.
- Wednesday, February 13: Submission portal opens for General Call for Papers proposals
- Wednesday, March 20 (3 pm ET):
+ Annual Meeting registration prices increase
+ Deadline for Program Chair Waiver Applications for submitters who are non-anthropologists or who live outside of the U.S./Canada
+ Deadline to request Member Exemptions for submitters who are non-anthropologists or who live outside of the U.S./Canada
- Friday, April 5 (3 pm ET): Deadline to begin a proposal for Annual Meeting consideration
- Wednesday, April 10 (3 pm ET): Submission portal closes for General Call for Papers proposals
- Week of July 22: Accept/decline notifications sent to submitters
Accessing the portal:
>> Click "Login" below to sign in with your AnthroGateway username (email address) and password to begin.
>> Click "Create Now" if you do not have an AAA profile. You will be directed to the AAA website to create an AnthroGateway account, and then you'll revisit the abstract scorecard to log in with your AAA information.