Welcome to the 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting Call for Papers Site
The partnership of our organizations presents exciting opportunities for collaboration across submissions, Annual Meeting events, and programming.
Members of both AAA and CASCA will use this submission portal to submit proposals and special events for the Annual Meeting program. Out of respect for diverse cultural traditions, we request that photographs of human remains be included in presentations only if absolutely necessary. Presenting images of Indigenous human remains, in particular, should be avoided.
The submission portal will open throughout the year for various submission formats.
For a full calendar of the submission periods, visit the AAA website.
The submission portal is currently accepting Late-Breaking Session submissions via the following formats–
Late-Breaking Format for Individual Submitters:
- Indiviudal Gallery (Poster) Submission.
Late-Breaking Format for Groups of Four or More:
- Oral Presentation Session or
>> Click here to learn more about our Late-Breaking Session formats.
The deadline for submitting Late-Breaking Submissions is Wednesday, September 11 at 3:00 pm Eastern time.
Please use this submission portal to submit your proposal(s). Submissions submitted outside of this portal or emailed directly to AAA or CASCA are ineligible and will not be considered for the 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting Program.
- Wednesday, August 14: Submission portal opens for Late-Breaking Session submissions
- Tuesday, September 3: CASCA deadline for membership to be completed. For those planning to join through CASCA, please join by this date. Questions? Contact CASCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, September 11 (3 pm ET):
*AAA deadline for membership to be completed. For those planning to join through AAA, please do so by this date. Questions? Contact AAA at email@example.com.
*Submission portal closes for Late-Breaking Session submissions
- Week of October 7: Accept/decline notifications sent to submitters
- Monday, October 28 (3 pm ET): Registration deadline for accepted Late-Breaking Session participants. Participants who are not registered by this date forfeit their participation in the Late-Breaking Session.
Accessing the portal:
>> Click "Login" below to sign in with the email address tied to your AAA profile or CASCA and password to begin.
>> Click "Create Now" if you do not have a profile.
- If you wish to create a profile with AAA, you will be directed to the AAA website to create an AnthroGateway account, and then you'll revisit the abstract scorecard to log in with your AAA information.
- If you wish to create a profile with CASCA, click here to do so and satisfy membership. Once you've joined CASCA and completed their Annual Meeting registration process, you'll be given a password to enter the submission portal and submit an abstract.